Hey there, apple enthusiasts! 🍎
I'm your friendly neighborhood stay-at-home mom, and today, I'm here to dish out the juicy deets on freeze dried apples. Now, I'm no scientist (unless you count my kitchen experiments), but I've done my research, and boy, do I have some fun tidbits for you!
How to Make Freeze-Dried Cherry Blasters?
Select and Prepare Apples: Choose fresh, ripe apples. Wash them thoroughly and peel if desired. Core and slice the apples into uniform pieces for even drying.
Pre-Treatment: To prevent browning and to preserve color and flavor, you can pre-treat the apple slices. Soak them in a mixture of lemon juice and water (about 1 tablespoon of lemon juice per cup of water) for a few minutes.
Freezing: Arrange the apple slices on a tray in a single layer. Freeze the apples until they are completely solid. This may take several hours or overnight.
Freeze-Drying Process: If you have a home freeze-dryer, place the frozen apple slices in the machine and follow the manufacturer's instructions. The freeze-dryer will create a vacuum and gradually raise the temperature, allowing the ice in the frozen apples to sublimate (turn directly from solid to gas).
Storage: Once the freeze-drying process is complete, store the dried apple slices in airtight containers. They can be stored in a cool, dark place for a long time without spoiling.
How Can You Use Freeze-Dried Apples?
Eat them straight out of the bag as a healthy, crunchy snack.
Incorporate freeze-dried apples into baked goods like muffins, breads, and cookies for added flavor and texture.
Add them to oatmeal, cereal, or yogurt for a fruity twist.
Blend freeze-dried apples into smoothies for an intense apple flavor without the added moisture of fresh apples.
Use them as a topping for ice cream or other desserts.
Let me Elaborate on the Benefits a bit more...
- Vitamin Boost: These apples are like your daily multivitamin but tastier! They're loaded with essential B-vitamins that are fantastic for your brain, energy, and hormones. Think of them as brain food that also keeps your mood in check.
- Nutrient-Packed: Unlike that dehydrated fruit from the bulk bin, freeze-dried apples retain most of their original nutrients. It's like they went to a spa and came out looking even more fabulous!
- Fiber Galore: Need to keep things moving? These apples are packed with both soluble and insoluble fiber. Great for digestion and controlling those sneaky blood sugar spike.
- Low Cal Snack: Looking for a guilt-free snack during your binge-watching sessions? With less than 40 calories in a serving, freeze-dried apples won't tip the scale.
- All Natural: No artificial stuff here! Freeze-dried apples keep their natural flavor without any added sugars or preservatives. It's like eating an apple from the tree, but with a fun crunchy twist.
- Healthy Gut, Happy Mom: These apples don't just taste good; they do good! They've been linked to improved gut health and even a reduced risk of stroke.
The Great Apple Showdown
Alrighty, back to mom mode. Now, while I love a good Costco run (hello, bulk shopping!), when it comes to freeze dried apples, Freeze N Dried takes the cake... or should I say, pie? 🥧
Beyond the Basic Apple
Move over, freeze dried apples walmart, and make way for the gourmet range. We're talking freeze dried apple pie, apple chips, and even freeze dried apple powder (which, btw, you can make by grinding Freeze N Dried's apples).
A Sprinkle of Recommendations
While brands like brothers freeze dried apples have their charm, nothing beats the taste and crunch of Freeze N Dried. And if you're feeling adventurous, give the freeze dried cinnamon apple slices a try!
What are freeze-dried apples?
Freeze-dried apples are fresh apples that have undergone a dehydration process known as freeze-drying or lyophilization. This process removes almost all the water content from the fruit while preserving its shape, color, flavor, and most of its nutrients.
What are the Benefits of Freeze Dried Apples?
Some benefits are: Vitamin Boost, Nutrient Packed Snack, Fiber Galore, Low Cal Snacking, All Natural with only 1 Ingredient and a Healthy Gut, Happy Mom Snack 🙂 Because so many of you ask this questions, I will elaborate on the bottom of this page in more detail.
How do I use freeze-dried apples?
Freeze Dried Apples can be eaten as-is for a crunchy snack or rehydrated by soaking in water for a few minutes. They can also be added to cereals, baked goods, salads, smoothies, or any recipe where apples are used.
Do freeze-dried apples retain their nutritional value?
Yes, the freeze-drying process preserves most of the nutrients in apples. While there may be some minor nutrient loss, they retain a majority of their vitamins, antioxidants, and minerals. Lyophilization retains over 90% of the original apple nutrients, and to be exact it retails around 97% of its original nutrients.
Enough of Reading... Here's What!
Whether you're a science geek, a busy parent, or just someone who loves a crunchy snack, freeze dried apples are the way to go. And trust me, once you start, you won't stop!